Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quantity Surveyor, Steven Hambrook

I had one previous job as a trainee Surveyor before I joined Barratts as an assistant, my managers previous and current, have mentored me and helped me progress. It’s a friendly environment and everyone gets on, also the trust that my managers have given me over the last 18 months to show my real potential has helped me get to where I am today.

I see evidence of building futures together within the schemes that are in place currently that look at the areas where I am doing well and the areas that may need a bit of development, to improve me as a Surveyor.

My main role is cost based, key performance indicators and target margin improvements have been brought in to shed light on any areas where we can increase our value for money.

The qualities you need to become a Surveyor at Barratts would be to be ambitious, hard working, you need to be good with numbers because you are dealing with budgets day in and day out, good communications skills as you’re working with the construction and sales department.

I see my short term future at Barratts in a management role, managing other Surveyors and the long term target is to become a Commercial Director.

http://www.buildingcareerstogether.co.uk/Our-people-and-roles/Commercial/Steven-hambrook-quantity-surveyor/


Introduction to Barratt Developments PLC

We built our first home in Newcastle upon Tyne in 1958. Since then, we have built over 300,000 more, becoming one of Britain’s largest and best known homebuilders in the process.

Today, we are stronger than ever and include some of the sector’s most successful brands: Barratt Homes, David Wilson Homes, Ward Homes and Wilson Bowden Developments. In 2009, we were the first volume home builder to be awarded 4 star builder status by the Home Builders Federation.

Every year, these businesses build and sell thousands of new homes and commercial and mixed use property, ranging from starter and family homes, through to exclusive luxury apartments, and offices to retail parks. We also provide affordable homes for rent and shared ownership, helping meet Britain’s growing housing need in towns and rural areas across the country. All this means we’re a big business, employing in excess of 4,000 people in locations across the United Kingdom.

http://www.buildingcareerstogether.co.uk/About-us/

No comments: